- Waist twists - four sets of 90 repetitions.
- Sit-up twists - four sets of 20 repetitions.
- Leg raises - four sets of 20 repetitions.
- Leaning twists - four sets of 50 repetitions.
- Frog kicks - four sets of 50 repetitions.
The "flag" exercise
Lee further developed this routine, adding additional sets of sit-ups, side bends, leg raises, "flags," twists and back bends to his abdominal workout regimen. The "flag" exercise was a particularly difficult drill Lee devised for working the abdominal. While lying on a bench, he would grasp attached uprights with both hands and raise himself, supported only by his shoulders. Then, with his knees locked straight and his lower back raised off the bench, he would perform leg raises.